EN-ES Translation Course
Learn translation theory and apply it on all your translations! This course will cover different “genres” of translation to equip you with the skills to properly convey your source message into the target language.
This 8-module course is focused entirely on written translation. It covers a brief history of translation, translation theory and techniques and a lot of practice covering grammar conventions for both English and Spanish languages, and a weekly translation of varied “genres,” namely news, essays, legal & administrative documents, medical, subtitling, recipes, etc.
This course is delivered online via live Zoom classes twice a week. Includes access to online platform where participants will practice to work on a semi self-study basis. Feedback will be provided on assignments and translations.
At the end of this course, participants will receive a certificate of completion and will be able to:
- Analyze grammar, orthotypography, and conventions of English and Spanish, as well as semantics.
- Identify and apply the best translation technique according to the purpose of the text.
- Identify and apply the closest equivalent to expressions to avoid lexical and grammatical calques, false cognates, and awkward translations.
- Appraise the nuances, pragmatic meaning, levels of formality, style, tone, and register of source and target languages.
- Identify idiomatic expressions and distinguish untranslatable words and expressions.
This course has been approved for 30 instructor-led CIMCE by the Judicial Council of California and the Nevada AOC for 30 CEs.
Start: Tuesday, July 6, 2021 6pm to 7:30 pm (Pacific Daylight Time)
How to Enroll
Please pay enrollment fee first. After Payment is processed, you will receive an email confirmation with your login information.